Crossing the Graukogel 2,492 m
The Graukogel is probably the most imposing panorama, hiking and climbing mountain near Bad Gastein.
The view stretches from the Tischlerkar across the Hochkönig to the Dachstein to only mention a few famous summits.
We talk the Graukogellift cable car to the mountain station (1,954 m) and hike on marked hiking trails to Lake Palfnersee below the west hills of the Graukogel and onwards to the Palfnerscharte (2,321 m).
We rope up at the Scharte and climb in rope teams on the short rope (difficulty I- II) across compact rock and slightly exposed ridge to the summit. Descent via the north ridge. A hiking trails leads to the Hüttenkogel (2,231 m) and back again to the mountain station.
- Surefootedness, head for heights
- Endurance for five hours
- Altitude difference 550m
- Climbing difficulty: I-II
- No climbing experience necessary!
Costs per person:
- Including rental equipment
- 1 PAX: € 330,-/ 2 PAX € 190,-
- Expenses of the mountain guide
- Graukogellift cable car: EUR 26,50,-/ Person