Gran Paradiso – southern Wallis
Gran Paradiso: amazing parade of 4,000-m peaks in southern Wallis
Meeting at 5pm in Pont in Valsavarenche in the Hotel Gran Paradiso. Discussion of the programme.
Ascend to the Vittorio-Emanuelle-Hütte hut (2,732 m), approx. 3 hours, 900 altitude metres. Breathing-acclimatisation tour in the afternoon depending on both weather and conditions.
Tuesday: La Tresenta, 3,609 m
Beautiful ski mountain with great views. Ascend via the Montcorve glacier.
- Ascent 900 altitude metres
- Approx. 3-4 hours
Wednesday: Gran Paradiso, 4,061 m
Traverse glacier to the wind valley, easy block ridge climbing to the highest point. Descend into the valley and overnight in the hotel in Pont.
- Ascent approx. 1,300 altitude metres
- Descent approx. 2,100 altitude metres
- Approx. 5-6 hours
Thursday: Mantovahütte hut, 3,400 m
We change over to Stafal in the Valle Gressoney after breakfast (two-hour car journey). Cable car ascent to the Punta Indren, then to the high-up hut on 3,400 m.
- Ascent approx. 2 hours
Friday: five 4,000-m-peaks
A fantastic touring day: Vincentpiramid (4,215 m), Ludwigshöhe (4,341 m), Parrotspitze (4,432 m), Schwarzhorn (4,321 m), Balmenhorn (4,167 m).
- Ascent approx. 1,400 altitude metres
- Approx. 6 hours
Saturday: Signalkuppe (4,554 m) – Zumsteinspitze (4,563 m)
The Signalkuppe with Europe’s highest located hut, the Capanna Margherita. Onwards to the Zumsteinspitze. Astonishing glacier scenery.
Ascent 1,250 altitude metres
- Descent approx. 3,000 altitude metres
- Approx. 6-7 hours
- Descent to Gressoney. Departure.
Requirements:Safe parallel skiing in all types of snow
- Walking with skins and kick turn
- Experienced in using crampons and ice-axe
- Endurance of approx. 6-8 hours
Costs per person:
- min. 3 PAX / max. 6 PAX € 850,-
- Plus own expenses and expenses of the mountain guide
- Rental equipment optional