Mont Blanc with Rochefort ridge
Crossing Mont Blanc
- Tours in the Mont Blanc area, the “fillet of the Alps”.
- Pure enjoyment on the Rochefort ridge: one of the most spectacular firn tours in the Alps!
- South-north crossing of the highest peak in the Alps
- The approach to Ref. Gonella, is one of the wildest areas in the Alps.
Arrival in Chamonix. Discussion of the touring week. Briefing & equipment check
Monday: Aiguille du Midi-Rif. Torino
Take the train up to the Aiguille du Midi and past the foot of Mont Blanc du Tacule to the Rif. Torino through the Vallee Blanche (3,371 m).
- Ascent: 500 meters in altitude
- 3 hours
Tuesday: Aiguille de Rochefort – Courmayeur
Early in the morning, with a light daypack, it goes to the Rochefort ridge. We climb the Aiguille de Rochefort (4,001 m) over the wonderful west ridge on a horizontal firn ladder. Descent back to the hut. With the gondola down to Courmayeur. Later by bus or taxi to Val Veni to the accommodation.
- Ascent: 650 meters in altitude
- 6 hours
Wednesday: Val Veni – Ref. Gonella
After a hearty breakfast, it goes to the end of the Val Veni. Over the mighty and partly crevice-rich Glacier du Miage it goes to the ref. Gonella (3,071 m). The absolutely unique location of the hut and the modern construction standard compensate us for all our efforts.
- Ascent: 1,370 meters in altitude
- 6 hours
Thursday: Mont Blanc – Ref. you Cosmique
In the light of the headlamps we march on the roof of the Alps, the Mont Blanc (4,807 m)! Past the Aiguilles Grises, over the Piton of Italy, first to the Dôme du Goûter (4,304 m) and then over the Bosses ridge to Mont Blanc.
Descent via Mont Maudit and Mont Blanc du Tacul down to Ref. du Cosmique (3,806 m).
- Ascent: 1,800 meters in altitude
- 10-13 hours
Friday: Midi du Plan – Montenvers
Today we can take it easy. Nevertheless, crossing the Midi – Aiguille du Plan (3,673 m) is a terrific mountain tour. The view down to Chamonix is fantastic. Descent via the ref. du Requine CAF (2,516 m) continue over the Mer de Glace to Montenvers and from there by train to Chamonix.
- 7-8 hours
- Very good condition for 10-13 hours
- Acclimatized for 4000 meters (earlier arrival recommended for acclimatization)
- Safe crampon technology vertically & frontally approx. 45 °
- Experience in Combined Terrain II,
- No fear of heights, surefootedness
Cost per person:
|1 PAX||€ 2900, –|
|2 PAX||€ 1800, –|
|Plus own expenses and expenses of the mountain guide|
Rental equipment possible on request